Share this article
My Vitamin K2 rich foods experiment has been going on for less than 2 weeks. I also made various changes in my diet at the same time:
– no beef for now (we are having a beef moratorium for the moment at home)
– I still have raw fish, oysters, shrimp, got a bit of horse, a bit of lamb.
– had 6 different kinds of gouda cheese… 3 are sure pasteurized
– bought 2 kinds of brie cheese, one is surely raw… brie de meaux
– bought some blue cheese as well… these are raw.
– water was changed from reverse osmosis to spring water Hidden Springs brand
– Add a teaspoon or more of apple cider vinegar when I drink water… can never stand plain water.
– cannot find raw butter but we have abundant supply of grass fed unsalted Anchor butter from New Zealand.
– I’m taking some “lacto” probiotics to make sure I digest the dairy.
– I also bought bunches of Japanese natto for high K2 allegedly.
– we have a lot of raw organic duck eggs.
– some red wine cabernet sauvignon for that fun authentic French experience with cheese… but I got South African… just curious… and it’s cheaper.
My 11 year old does not like brie. So he gets only gouda cheese. I did not give my boy natto as I do not trust gmo soy. I experimented on the natto for myself. Saw in the internet that folks add raw egg yolks on the natto.
My raw cheese Brie, Gouda and Natto for K2 experiment has great immediate results for me.
Clean tar tar free teeth.
In fact old hardened tartar at the back of my front bottom teeth for the very first time in my life were easily scraped off by my fingernails. Stuff like that tar tar used to be rock hard requiring a dentist to remove.
Now I can believe for myself what Dr. Kate was saying.
Experiencing is believing.
I don’t think Natto is safe for me or any long term consumption.
I can see bubbling itches on the back of my fingers when I eat Natto.
As expected, gmo soy is truly crap… even if it has loads of K2.
Good thing I did not give natto to my boy.
Raw cheese problem is constipation… hardening of stools so massive amounts of butter or raw fat needs to go with cheese consumption.
What Aajonus said about cheese being like clay is true for me.
I am now questioning the quality of the beef I am getting, it may look nice and have the right colors and taste but I’m not getting the results I should be getting.
And maybe I am not getting enough of the organs that have K2. Maybe I should strive to get brain regularly.
Dr. Kate says grain finishing kills the K2 content in beef.
Note how short my K2 experiments have been, less than 2 weeks and wow, the tar tar thing is truly telling.
Or maybe it is the properties of raw cheese as Aajonus Vonderplanitz describes:
CHEESES, RAW, NO-SALT-ADDED, are made from raw milk and
there is no salt added to the milk. Similar to clay, cheese supplies
concentrations of minerals that bind with radicals and poisons that the
body dumped into the stomach and intestines. Also, cheese draws the
poisons from the blood, nervous and lymphatic systems as they pass
through the stomach and intestines. Unsalted raw cheeses act like a
sponge to absorb those toxins, relieving nausea. Since cheeses lack
most bioactive enzymes, causing dehydration, eating raw fat with
cheese, such as unsalted raw butter or coconut cream, helps prevent
These are just my initial guesses in my experiment.
I do not know yet what idea will hold true in the longer run.
My sources for all these:
– Cheeses from Rustan’s and Santi’s Corinthian Gardens
– Organic fresh duck eggs from Itlog ni Kuya in White Plains
– Raw horse from Malabon
– Ocean wild shrimps from Malabon
– Raw fishes from Marikina and Farmer’s Cubao
– Natto from Korean and Japanese groceries
– Hidden Springs water from Hi-Top and our neighborhood grocery
– lacto probiotics from Gil Carandang of Herbana Farms
– Australian Lamb from Shopwise
– Anchor Butter Unsalted from any supermarket